Sunday, January 6, 2013

2012 in review and resolutions for 2013

I know this post is a little late but I really wanted to take the time to think about what I did in 2012 and about all the things I want to achieve in 2013.

I always love reading these type of posts on other people's blogs and love the idea of noting my goals and reviewing them in a years time.

So let me start by re-capping 2012..

The most amazing thing that I did last year was marry my best friend!

w_144

It was the best day of my life and I will never forget it!

I also went to Bali and Thailand for the first time on our honeymoon. It was like 6 weeks in heaven (spa treatments, cocktails, sunshine, crystal waters.. it was absolute paradise).

IMG_3086

I stepped out of my comfort zone and started making youtube videos. I love making videos, although I still get a little nervous talking to a camera (its harder than it looks!).

1

I made some new friends, both in real life and in the blogosphere (and was lucky enough to turn some blogger friendships in to real life friendships).

3

I discovered my love for baking, and now bake every opportunity I get.

4

I also got a promotion at work, went to derby day for the first time, celebrated my sister's engagement and my hen's.

Although I went through some pretty rough times at work earlier on in the year, I still think this year has got to be the best year of my life.

So what are my resolutions for 2013..

1. Get pregnant!!
This year's the year that I want to start a family and I can't wait! I'm sooo ready to be a mum.

2. Get out of debt
No more using my credit card, if I want something I need to save for it.

3. Build my wardrobe
Save for quality basics, instead of just buying cheap trend pieces

4. Get fit and healthy
Start exercising 3 times a week, even if it's just a half an hour walk in the afternoons and limit treat meals (which tend to turn into treat days).

5. Get passionate about blogging again
I've lost my blogging mojo of late and have seriously considered giving it up, but I'm not going out without a fight. I just need to find my passion for it again.

I'd love to hear what your resolutions are for 2013..

xx

8 comments:

  1. That wedding photo is so beautiful Louise! So glad thread a blog post from you - I lose my blogging mojo sometimes but it always seems to come back so I hope this happens for you too. Good luck with your goals - so excited for baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous wedding photo! You guys are just too cute! Except for #2, we share the same goals for this year! So excited that you guys are going to be trying for a baby - would be great if we fell pregnant at the same time! Hope you have a fabulous year Louise - its gonna be a great one! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great resolutions louise, some are the same as mine ;) xox hope you're doing really well

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such exciting resolutions. We can definitely help with the treats, as all our treats are healthy (YAY!). e & c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Louise!

    Happy New Year!!

    I love your resolutions...don't give up on blogging! I'm incredibly new to the blogging world and have visited your little domain on more than a few occasions for inspiration whilst convincing myself to take the plunge (I finally did it yesterday...sophboat.blogspot.com.au). I absolutely adore your wedding photos, truly beautiful! Also wishing you lots and lots of luck with resolution number one...even if all the others fall through (which they won't) I can guarantee that will make your year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its all about getting happy and healthy for me this year. Life is so wonderful, but I know I can enjoy it more and make it more enjoyable for those around me.

    Good luck on getting pregnant, I really hope you can start a gorgeous little family soon.

    Gems x

    Fashion, Well Done

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your wedding dress is so pretty. I'm glad you had such a fulfilling 2012 and I hope you have an even better 2013! I just came across your blog and I'm so glad I did.

    Kate from Clear the Way

    P.S. I'm following you on Bloglovin now!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ reading all of your sweet comments, thanks so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...