Tuesday, May 17, 2011

NARS Pressed Powder - Product Review

My Skin Type

Oily and slightly sun-damaged

Description

Translucent, triple milled powder for a sheer and ultra-natural complexion. The light and airy texture helps set makeup with a smooth, sheer finish. Perfect for creating a naturally radiant look and for retouching.

Price & Size

AU$72

Pros

♥ Packaging is attractive
♥ Convenient size

Cons

♥ Poor coverage
♥ Doesn’t last
♥ Looks almost cakey (as it falls into pores/lines rather than gliding over them)

Would I buy it again?

No, definitely not. I was expecting great things from this powder (especially for the price) and was severely disappointed. I know the powder is translucent but it just did nothing for me. It created a cakey effect and accentuated my pores and wrinkles without providing any real coverage. I also found that after a few hours wear (if that) the powder seemed to have worn off.

If I were you I’d buy one of these powders instead..

♥ L'Oreal Mineral Finish Face Powder in Translucent Matte (AU$30)
♥ MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Face Powder (AU$47)

xx

9 comments:

  1. Oh, that's so disappointing! I hate splurging and being disappointed :( I just ordered MAC MSF from Macys, so will let you know how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For something that costs a fair bit you would expect something so much better i'll definately stay clear of this,thank you!
    And Amanda has got the right idea.MAC is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, really ? :(
    I liked your review ... kisses from Brasil

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to introduce you to a former blogger in Sydney who works for a major cosmetic corporation there in Sydney. She could help you out with this stuff, I'll betcha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not a fan of powders I always use a mouse foundation I find it works the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow i would think nars would be really good, how annoying cos it costs so much too!! and yes, i will let you know about the vintage store, ill ask my friend actually and get back to you about it :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the honest review, I'm sorry this product did not work for you.

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice review, i've never tried a powder before, maybe i should try!
    xoxo
    S

    http://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's rubbish. I've tried quite a few of nars powders and they've turned out the same. x hivenn

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ reading all of your sweet comments, thanks so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...